Preparing For Your Eyelash Extension Appointment
Whether this is your first time or you’ve been getting your lashes done for years it’s important to know some key facts prior to your appointment. We want you to have the greatest possible experience so making sure you come prepared really sets both of us up for good results. Below are some key facts to keep in mind before your appointment.
1. Make sure you have removed all eye makeup. Whether it is eye shadow or mascara, it is very important to come in with clean lashes. This helps us focus on adding more lashes instead of trying to clean them. More often then not most only have an hour fill, if 20 minutes is spent trying to clean out old shimmery eye shadow or mascara (not recommended on extensions), then that leaves only 40 minutes to apply new lashes.
2. Remember that you cannot shower for 24 hours after your appointment so take that into consideration. Clean hair and fresh lashes is much better than dirty hair and fresh lashes. If you workout please remember this also. No hot yoga or saunas either, this could ruin retention.
3. Try to avoid caffeine and stimulants before your appointment. They make you more jittery and unable to lay still. Also your eyes will twitch which makes it more difficult to place lashes.
4. Dress for comfort and bring whatever makes you feel more relaxed. We recommend putting your cell phone on silent and in your bag. This is your time and hour to fully relax. You are welcome to bring headphones also and listen to your own music too.
5. If this is your first time getting eyelash extensions make sure you show up 10-15 minutes early to fill out paperwork. Your lash artist can address and answer questions or concerns you have and go over any contraindications with you. We will go over different styles with you so you are getting exactly what you want.